"The risk from exposure to Legionella should be prevented or controlled; precautions include keeping the system and the water in it clean."
– ACoP L8, paragraph 190.
There are a number of reasons you may need to clean and disinfect your water tank to ensure your water system is providing clean and safe drinking water. Most commonly, routine inspections will show you if it’s necessary, but there are other reasons, including:
• If your water system, or part of it, has been substantially been altered for maintenance or remedial purposes. Alterations often lead to the possibility of contamination.
• Either during or following an outbreak of Legionellosis, you must carry out water tank disinfection and cleaning. Even if the outbreak is only suspected, you will face prosecution if you don’t carry our cleaning and disinfecting of your water tank.
Water tank cleaning and disinfection from Water Management Services
At Water Management Services, our qualified engineers carry out our water tank cleaning and disinfection services in accordance with ACoP L8, following the procedures outlines in BS 6700. Before anything else, we will visit your site to conduct an assessment identifying any additional health and safety precautions. Then:
• We isolate the cold water storage tank and any pump sets.
• We then fully drain the water tank and physically clean it to the highest possible standards.
• We then start the chemical cleaning process, using silver based hydrogen peroxide. This halves the volume of water that needs to be ‘dumped’ compared to conventional methods.
• Chlorine, bio/oil dispersants and alternative chemicals will then be used if this is necessary
• If it’s necessary, we will then carry out a full system disinfection (including all pipework and assets), measuring chemical levels at every outlet to ensure the disinfection is successful.
• Tests will be carried out for TVC, e-coli, coliform and Legionella by a UKAS accredited laboratory.
Once all this has been completed to our impeccably high standards, we will issue you with a disinfection certificate and sample result for you to keep in your log book of building maintenance.
From our base in Staffordshire, we carry out water tank cleaning and disinfection services throughout the whole UK. For more information, simply contact us online or call.
Contact us today & find out how we can help you!
We can provide you with our expert advice along with a free no-obligation quotation.
Water Management Services holds the following company accreditations listed below.
Our team are City & Guilds qualified and are very helpful and will be able to give you all the help and advice that you require. If you would like to arrange a site visit then please get in touch with us today by phone, email or via our contact form.
CALL US ON:
Tel: 0333 355 1875
Contact us today for a quote!
Water Management Services (Midlands) Limited
92A Lichfield Street
We offer a national water management service that is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.