Do I need a Legionella risk assessment?
• Legionella risk assessments are required by law (see your legal duties).
• They are a statutory requirement under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 amongst others.
• A Legionella risk assessment is a fundamental step in protecting your employees and the public from exposure to contracting Legionnaires' disease.
• Legionella risk assessments should meet the requirements of the HSE’s ACoP L8.
• BS 8580:2010 is the latest British Standard relating to Legionella.
• They should be reviewed every two years or following a system change .
• "A suitable and sufficient assessment is required to identify and assess the risk of exposure to Legionella bacteria from work activities and water systems on the premises and any necessary precautionary measures."
• ACoP L8, paragraph23.
What does a Legionella risk assessment involve?
Our comprehensive and compliant Legionella risk assessments include identification and evaluation of all potential sources of risk associated with Legionella within your building’s water system.
A City and Guilds qualified Legionella risk assessor visits your premises to perform a site survey.
• A detailed inspection of each room
• Water temperatures taken across the site measured against acceptable ranges
• Identification and detailed inspection of all site assets
• Trace of all pipe work configurations and water sources
• Identification, evaluation and prioritisation of all risks
• Control scheme recommendations against the identified risks
• Check of system materials to ensure compliance with WRAS (the latest water fittings regulations)
Photography of all site assets and risk areas
• Following the site visit, the risk assessment is typed up and issued to you electronically and/or in hardcopy depending on your requirements.
• Certification of the risk assessment
- appropriate for any HSE inspection
• Overall risk rating
- a quantitative way to measure risk and prioritise remedial works
• Executive summary
- a summary of findings and recommendations for initial review
- a task-by-task summary of all recommendations bespoke to site
• Site and asset inspection reports
- Asset registries, useful for management records
• Report photography
- All findings clearly referenced against photographic record
• Site schematic
- Simple to follow, detailed representations of the entire site; pinpointing site assets and deadlegs against building references
Contact us today & find out how we can help you!
We can provide you with our expert advice along with a free no-obligation quotation.
Water Management Services holds the following company accreditations listed below.
Our team are City & Guilds qualified and are very helpful and will be able to give you all the help and advice that you require. If you would like to arrange a site visit then please get in touch with us today by phone, email or via our contact form.
CALL US ON:
Tel: 0333 355 1875
Contact us today for a quote!
Water Management Services (Midlands) Limited
92A Lichfield Street
We offer a national water management service that is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.