Microbiological & Legionella Testing
Do I need Microbiological Sampling?
- Domestic water systems are supplied with water fit to drink, so ACoP L8 advices that regular microbiological sampling is not required.
- Where potable (drinking water) water is stored, BS6700 sets out a regime where 6 monthly microbiological activity is measured.
- ACoP L8 recommends that sampling for Legionella should be carried out when:
- Systems treated with biocide where storage and distribution temperatures are outside acceptable parameters
- In systems where the control measures are not consistently achieved
- Where a Legionella outbreak is suspected
- High risk areas where the users of water systems are in a highly susceptible category e.g. hospital wards with immunologically compromised patients
What is involved during Microbiological sampling?
• WMS can test for over 50 different types of microbiological activity and water chemistry analysis.
• An engineer will visit your site, undertaking an audit of the water system to determine the appropriate number of samples to take and their locations.
• On some occasions samples can be tested on site, but microbiological samples need to be incubated, so they are taken to our UKAS accredited laboratory for analysis.
Contact us today & find out how we can help you!
We can provide you with our expert advice along with a free no-obligation quotation.
Why Choose Water Management Services?
Water Management Services holds the following company accreditations listed below.
Our team are City & Guilds qualified and are very helpful and will be able to give you all the help and advice that you require. If you would like to arrange a site visit then please get in touch with us today by phone, email or via our contact form.
CALL US ON:
Tel: 0333 355 1875
Contact us today for a quote!
Water Management Services (Midlands) Limited
92A Lichfield Street
We offer a national water management service that is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.